SHI transforms US-based retail company through migration to Google Cloud Platform
US-based retail conglomerate that owns and operates assets in industries such as energy, real estate, supermarkets, and more
Google Cloud Migration Services
Cloud  |  Cybersecurity Data & Applications  |  Cybersecurity Hybrid Cloud  |  Energy and Utilities  |  Infrastructure  |  Next-Gen Infrastructure  |  Retail
Streamlined customer operations and significantly reduced data center costs
Updated legacy workloads
Re-platforming strategy based on the customer’s business priorities
Backup and recovery
Designed and implemented solution that met customer’s unique needs
SHI designed and deployed a GCP Cloud Foundation using Infrastructure as Code, successfully migrating the customer’s infrastructure to Google Cloud.
Challenge:US-based retail conglomerate was overwhelmed by the management of their data center. Faced with rapidly aging hardware, the high costs of maintaining their on-premise infrastructure, and an increasing number of security threats, the customer reached out to SHI for assistance with their migration to Google Cloud.
SHI’s team helped the company across cloud processes, including security, recovery, and operations. In collaboration with the customer, we:
- Installed StratoZone assessment tool to discover existing infrastructure, analyze the TCO/ROI, and plan the migration.
- Designed Google Cloud Foundation to align with Google Cloud security best practices.
- Created CI/CD pipeline by leveraging Cloud Source Repositories and Cloud Build.
- Deployed and configured Migrate for Compute Engine v5.
- Implemented Google Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Protected web applications with Google Cloud Armor and Cloud Load Balancing.
- Trained admins on GCP functionality throughout the project, allowing for a seamless handoff post-engagement.
The customer benefits from a cloud-native environment protected by:
- robust security policies and controls.
- advanced network architecture.
- streamlined operations.
They can now quickly and easily deploy application servers across the U.S. without having to pay for data center footprint, power, cooling, hardware, personnel, or travel expenses. Additionally, their workloads are no longer legacy, and are protected by Google’s Backup and Disaster Recovery service to ensure continued business operations in the event of an unexpected outage. By leveraging Google’s Cloud Platform, the customer can provide their clients with a reliable and consistent quality of service.
SHI’s dedication and commitment to the project initiative resulted in a seamless migration experience that more than satisfied the customer, saving them valuable time and money.
“SHI’s dedication and commitment to the project initiative resulted in a seamless migration experience that more than satisfied the customer, saving them valuable time and money.”
- SHI’s Google Cloud team