Reducing our impact. Making an impact.
Preserving the environment and fostering a sustainable future are crucial principles of our overall business strategy. Incorporating environmentally-friendly initiatives — whether internally or alongside our partners — minimizes the amount of yearly technology waste and maximizes our impact toward a greener planet.
Additionally, as a global solutions provider and technology advisor, we are here to help you reduce, reuse and recycle technology assets through our various eco-friendly solutions. Furthermore, we are committed to assessing our operations in an effort to limit our own carbon footprint.
From hardware recycling to software redeployment, we will work with you to determine the best combination of recovery services to meet your unique requirements.
We can help your organization dispose of, or redeploy used technology backed with comprehensive security protocols, ensuring compliance and protecting your sensitive data.
We hold yearly events for employees to recycle unwanted, unused and/or outdated equipment.
Through initial audit to delivery, our hardware redeployment specialists make sure your dated hardware is ready for reuse.
Our auditors create value for your unused or unwanted hardware by refurbishing retired hardware for resale. Any value garnered can be applied as a credit back to your organization.
Cloud and Data Center Solutions
Our Cloud and Data Center specialists aim in creating cost-effective solutions, reducing carbon emissions a physical IT infrastructure can have on organizations and communities.
Doing Your Part
SHI’s goal is consuming less energy and reducing our environmental impact through various initiatives:
- Monitoring energy consumption
- Disclosing to CDP’s environmental data platform and EcoVadis on a yearly basis
- Utilizing advanced energy-saving systems such as automatic lights and energy-saving computer monitors
- Water-efficient plumbing
- The use of solar panels – SHI had over 7,000 solar panels installed between 2012 and 2020 which have generated millions of kilowatt hours of electricity. SHI continues to install solar panels with new construction projects.
- LEED Certifications
- SHI was awarded Gold for Commercial Interiors on our 290 Davidson Global HQ in New Jersey in 2013.
- SHI was awarded Gold Certification under the LEED v4 Building Design and Construction rating system on our Austin Garza Regional HQ in Texas in 2021.
SHI encourages individual responsibility and supports waste minimization in the following ways:
- Company-wide paperless initiatives
- Establishing a goal of 100% for recycling paper, plastics, glass and cardboard
- Complying with county and municipal recycling regulations by recycling paper, glass, plastic, batteries and cardboard
- Recycling toner, computers and other office equipment according to EPA guidelines
- Providing recycling facilities for paper, printer toners, etc.
- Supporting double-sided printing and photocopying
- Using proper disposal or recycling of IT and electronic equipment per local regulations
SHI has reduced our travel-related environmental impact by promoting:
- Teleconferencing and other collaborative working tools to limit the number of individual business trips
- Work-from-Home policy, when possible
- Flexible working hours
- Carpooling and public transportation
- Usage of Electric Vehicles – SHI has EV Charging Stations located at our Global HQ and Ridge Integration Center in New Jersey in addition to our Austin Regional HQ in Texas. This initiative promotes sustainability and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.